Happy two year anniversary Lesley's Loot!

It’s now been two years this month since starting Lesley’s Loot and there’s been plenty of interesting finds along the way; from being useful like a jacket to wear or entertaining like finding a hand written note left by an angry person.


When I begun this blog I never imagined this amount stuff. In a way it’s become a social as well as an historical document. Although I don’t walk that far these days it’s quite simply amazing what’s on my front door step; things that are dropped by accident or simply lost like the odd toy or even put there deliberately for someone else to find and keep! If I think it is of any value I’ll take it, record it then pop it back where I found it, unless it has a forwarding address.


In April 2021 we were just coming out of lockdown and looking back now this is highlighted in just a few finds like masks and even a Covid vaccination certificate. To date I've even found a Ukrainian appeal lapel badge to help raise funds for the war taking place over there. This year I’m aiming to start a book about my hobby which started way back in the 1990’s but took on a different meaning for myself back then and also information about other hobbies that are very similar like metal detecting and mud larking. I like to refer to this hobby as street findings.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lanzarote

Bandai